Monday, October 24, 2016

Teaching / lecturing

Like I said in a previous post, this fall is full of learning experiences.

I've developed a workshop in basic rope bondage, and held it twice so far. The workshop had two goals:
1. They should know enough not to kill anyone in ropes.
2. They should know enough to be able to experiment further on their own. Ropes shouldn't be scary anymore.

The first time I did it, was in someone's living room. It was cramped and stressed, as it took longer than I thought it would, but people were happy. The second time went much better. I got exactly the positive, helpful, curious atmosphere I wanted. When the workshop was done, people were still experimenting, having fun and supporting each other's explorations into rope. It was great fun.

I've been asked to hold the workshop again in November, for a large BDSM organisation. For this workshop, I've gotten a friend to help me out so that we're two people who can walk around and help people. Saint is also looking into some more high tech solutions to enable people to see my ties better. Both these changes means we can accommodate more people.

T and I also held our aftercare workshop/lecture again, coupled with a newly developed lecture on pain. The pain lecture/workshop needs a bit more work, and maybe some more practical demonstrations/tasks to engage the audience, but it's a decent start. I hope we can hold it again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment