Saturday, July 9, 2016

Guide to BDSM / fetish shopping in Amsterdam

Saint and I are on vacation in Amsterdam. A really lovely city, that has managed to combine old historic buildings with modern architecture and design. Saint has been here several times before, but it's my first time. And I love it here. Walking along the canals. Shopping. Exploring the narrow side streets. Really a wonderful city, even if you don't come here for the alcohol/drugs/partying, like so many tourists do.

We've been here for three days, and so far all we've done is eat, sleep, and go to sex/kink/fetish-stores. No museums (except for the sex museum on our very first day here), no tourist attractions. Just kink-shopping. (Last night we went to a BDSM / fetish party, but that warrants a blog entry of it's own.) Here's a short overview of the various stores we've been to:

The first day, we found a kind of cheap looking BDSM/sex store on a corner at the start of the Red Light District. Not sure what it was called, and he's the only one who didn't recommend any other stores to us. The store had a very good selection of strap-on harnesses, and encouraged us to takes things out of their boxes. The owner even let me try the harnesses on (outside of my clothing, ofcourse), which was very helpful. I'm a larger sized woman, so not everything fits me. After trying on 5 different harnesses, I settled on one that had everything I was looking for: Synthetic materials (not leather), looking neat (nothing pink or fluffy), detachable dildo, changable sized ring, and most importantly: Jock strap style fastenings (not g-string).

Saint and I took it for a test that same night, and we agree it works very well. Now I just want a bigger dildo for it.

I've also bought myself a latex top and a latex g-string (yes, all of a sudden I'm buying my own latex! When did that happen?!?). The string was from a random sex store, and was really cheap. The top was not cheap, but it was SO worth it. It's from a fantastic latex store called Demask, where we got really amazing service. Saint and I spent over 2,5 hours in that store, and I think between us we tried on almost everything close to our sizes. Saint did some latex shopping in Norway right before we left for the holiday, and together with the items from Demask, he's finally got a nice latex outfit or two. He's such a fetishist.

I've also bought a new crop/tawse which stings like hell (Saint loves it). It's from Smart, a store where they make their own leather goods. It was the woman at Demask who recommended Smart to us. Again, great service and a nice chat with the store owner. They have some smart ideas for collapsable spreader bars and adjustable floggers, so we might have to go back there and buy more stuff.

The owner of Smart recommended ROB and Mr.B to us, two BDSM stores mainly focused on men and men's wear. Both these stores had really great quality, and offered to custom make items if we wanted different sizes or looks. We're considering going back to ROB to buy something, because the quality of the leatherwork was really nice, but haven't bought anything yet. At Mr. B, I bought a wrist wallet in this style, approximately. Very handy! Saint also bought some stuff.

Beforehand, I'd been looking at the webshop of Mr. S Leather, and emailed them asking if they had any stores in Europe. They told us about a store in Amsterdam called Underground fetish, that sell their goods. Saint bought some wonderful leather cuffs at this place, having first to go back to Mr. B to get a refund on the cuffs he'd bought earlier that day. Again, amazing service from both stores: Refunds for money (not store credit) usually isn't done in the Netherlands, so Mr. B really helped us out. And while waiting for Saint to come back, the owner of Underground fetish made me tea and chatted with me. Nice fellow.

In every store, we've been searching for more latex clothing for Saint, but everywhere except Demask the largest size has been an extra large (XL). They can all custom make items, but don't have it in stock. Mr. B told us of another kink store called Black Body that specialize in latex for men. They were a bit outside the city center, so we gave them a call: They didn't have any latex larger than XL either, and so we haven't been to their store yet. If you fit into "normal" sizes, I'm sure they're also worth a visit. (I'm a bit disappointed in the general selection of fetish clothing available for larger people, but I expect it's the same everywhere else too.)

So it's been a few busy, sexy days. Amsterdam has impressed me with it's diversity and quality in fetish / kink / bdsm items. The service has been great, most of the stores are within walking distance of each other, and most they speak well of their competitors. If you have a weekend in Amsterdam, I suggest checking out some (or all) of these stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment