Thursday, March 17, 2011

No follow-up

This happened well over a week ago, but I want to document my thoughts and feelings for posterity. So here goes:

I played with a new person last Tuesday. I thought it went fairly well and we talked for a while afterwards. We had some communication issues, and he was young (19) and uncertain and completely new to the scene. So ofcourse things weren't perfect. But good enough, or so I thought. I gave him my phone number and asked him to call/text me so I could get his. I also told him my nick on Fetlife and asked him to add me as a friend. He didn't remember his nick and I didn't have my phone on me at the time, so I didn't get his contact info.

I walk downstairs and head for the toilet. By the time I'm back, he's gone. I haven't heard anything from him since. And so I'm really worried that I did something wrong. Did I freak him out? Did I push him too far? Did he have some kind of bad reaction to something he experienced? Even if I didn't do anything wrong: If he isn't doing ok, and it's because of our play, then I would like to follow up on him. I feel a need to check up on people I've played with, to see that they're doing ok. I have no way of doing that now. It feels uncomfortable and makes me unsure of myself... Perhaps I DID do something wrong..?

No comments:

Post a Comment